Monday, March 9, 2009




Dancing is an activity I love to do with my free time. When I have nothing to do, I chose a couple of songs and start creating a master piece. After I decide how I want it and how many people are in it, I call up some friends to complete the dance. I don’t like to create the whole dance without everyone’s style and opinion. One thing I allow in the dance is to much rolling and anything that looks provocative. I try to keep the dance clean and PG 13. I like doing different moves that catches the eye. I include stunts and multiple styles of dancing into my routine which makes my dance different from others.

But before every practice I have them to stretch, so there will be no strained or pulled muscles. It prepares the body for what I am ready to do…practice, practice, practice. With the routine that we come up with works out more than the legs. It exercises the arms, the stomach, and works on your balance. In some of the dances we have created we have done moves and stunts from dancing with the stars. I have taken dance class for salsa in the past. When I took that class it made me open my mind to other kinds. When I took salsa it made me happy. I like learning new things. When one is dancing salsa they must have a clear mind. One must be focus on what they are doing. It is dangerous if you are not paying attention or focused. You can step on someone’s foot or break someone’s nose.


Salsa taught me to clear my mind of anything and everything that is going on in the world and feel the music. One must become one with the music in order to create a dance to express ones feelings. I put my emotions into my dancing. Dancing relaxes me as I get lost with the music. Dancing cleanses the soul and stretches the body while adding excitement to everyone else who is watching.





No comments:

Post a Comment